Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Beginnings

So I thought I'd give this blogging lark a go. Now that there are lots of exciting changes happening, I just thought I'd share some of my musings on them.
One month ago I gave birth to our first baby, a little boy Amhlaoibh (pronounced Ow-leave). Life is suddenly unrecognisable. Nothing anybody told my husband CiarĂ¡n and me beforehand could have prepared us for this.
Days are flying by. Already Amhlaoibh is loosing his newborn look and growing out of his small baby clothes. The initial shock meant the first month went past in such a blur that a lot of the milestones went unnoticed in the haze of sleeplessness and helplessness.
But now that we're finding our feet, it's time to start documenting our new life with this little person. I don't know yet what parts of our old life will be salvagable but I'm sure the road ahead will be full of new adventures. All three of us will explore it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment